Cannabis is one of the most widely used natural sleeping remedies for years because it is an excellent sleep-inducing substance.
How does cannabis affect the sleep cycle?
When a person sleeps the brain goes through four different phases, the phase of deep sleep and phase REM being longer. Cannabis use prolongs the deep sleep phase and reduces the light sleep phase, REM.
For this reason, people who use cannabis to sleep do not usually have dreams; moreover, this reduction of the REM phase produces an increase in memory and a reduction in the symptoms of depression.
However, when it is abandoned there is an abnormal increase in the REM phase and strange dreams may appear.
Which variety is best for inducing sleep?
If you are thinking of choosing a variety of marijuana to help you sleep, the best option is to look to a specialized store such as Seedsman Seeds.
Indica or Sativa?
Within the world of cannabis, the best known varieties for sleeping are the Indica and Sativa seeds. Normally, the variety of cannabis Indica is the best to fall asleep, since Sativa is more energizing.
Indica seeds help to relax the body and mind. These products have relaxing and analgesic properties, with high levels of CBD and THC, which promote prolonged sleep. Therefore, if you can not sleep, we recommend you to buy indica.
Benefits of using Cannabis as a natural sleeping method
One of the main benefits of using cannabis is that it helps you to sleep and reduces anxiety. Its use is very advantageous for many other reasons, here we show some of them:
- Treating chronic pain: cannabis helps to reduce chronic pain and is usually effective against muscle spasms.
- Epilepsy control: its non-psychotropic component treats these seizures in children and adolescents.
- Treatment for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis: Smoking marijuana helps memory maintain and can reduce behavioral disorders.
- Helps with post-traumatic stress: reduces fear, anxiety, and nightmares.
- Relieves the pain of chemotherapy: According to several studies, its CBD component slows the development of breast cancer. It also helps to reduce nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite in patients treated with chemotherapy.