DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA): What Employers Need to Know in 2022” webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Non-compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can prove to be costly for employers. Penalties in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars for non-compliance put employers at substantial risk. Can your organization afford to be non-compliant?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law by George H.W. Bush in July 1990. The Act is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public.
The purpose of the law is to ensure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, and religion.
Disability accommodation is an important and visible aspect of ethical business practices. Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will ensure your organization is operating in an ethical manner.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resource Professionals
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Compliance Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
Key Topics Covered:
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Titles I through V of the Act
- Which agencies enforce Titles I through V?
- Definitions of terms used in the Act
- Major life activities outlined in the Act
- Conditions considered to be disabilities under ADA
- Conditions excluded from the definition of disability
- The accommodation process
- Concept of reasonable accommodation
- Limitations on the obligation to make reasonable accommodations
- Service animals
- Fragrance sensitivity
- Website guidelines
- Marijuana and the ADA
- HR’s role in enforcing provisions of ADA
- Maintaining existing production and performance standards for an employee with a disability
- Interactions between Federal & State law
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Posting requirements
- Proposed future changes to ADA
For more information about this webinar visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4u6e31