DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Kitchen Medicine: Food First Consumers Global Report – 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Today’s consumers are more proactive and desire greater control over their health and wellness. There is growing interest in using foods, beverages, and supplements for curative, preventative, and functional benefits.
This report takes a deeper look at the topics of food as medicine and functional foods and beverages (globally, regionally, and across 23 individual countries) to help companies better understand shopper motivations and attitudes and allow them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
Target Profile: Food First Consumers
- Explores a segment of shoppers, called the “Food First Consumers”, to better understand their unique attitudes and needs. The group is profiled globally and sized within each region and country.
Food as Medicine
- Actions shoppers are taking and how these vary demographically and by market. Are consumers actively choosing foods/beverages that provide protective, preventative health benefits? Are they choosing foods/beverages for specific medical purposes?
- The importance of medicine/curative benefits in food and beverage choices.
- How has their belief in foods/beverages/ingredients with medicinal benefits changed in the past 2 years?
- Shoppers’ attitudes on diet vs. pharmaceutical drugs in contributing to overall health.
Functional Food & the Benefits Shoppers Seek
- Level of interest in functional foods/beverages (i.e., provides a health benefit beyond nutrition) and how interest varies demographically and around the world.
- Identifying the specific functional benefits shoppers are looking for. This report covers 20+ benefits shoppers actively seek from foods/beverages, including stress reduction, mental performance, immunity, digestion, energy, weight, heart health, mood, satiety, sleep, athletic performance, etc.
Opportunities for “Kitchen Medicine” Ingredients
- 20+ ingredients plotted on the analyst’s Ingredient
- Strategic Opportunity Quadrant.
- Level of consumer interest in:
- Adaptogens (e.g., ashwagandha, ginseng, maca)
- Ayurvedic ingredients
- B Vitamins
- Beta-Glucan (oat fiber)
- Bone broth
- Botanicals (e.g., hibiscus, echinacea, etc.)
- Coconut oil
- Medicinal mushrooms (e.g., lion’s mane, reishi, shiitake, etc.)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (from fish, flaxseed)
- Plant protein
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Whole grains
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u43ysl